The Portuguese Society of Botany is an association created in January 2009 with the following objectives:
- Promote the conservation of flora species and their habitats.
- Disseminate and promote the technical and scientific knowledge of botany, flora and vegetation, particularly those present in the national territory.
- Promote the exchange of information and experience among botanists, professionals and amateurs, regardless of their background.
- Centralize geographic, morphological, photographic and ecological information of the Portuguese and Mediterranean flora.
- Encourage the application of scientific knowledge in the definition of habitat and species management measures.
- Promote awareness actions on issues related to Portuguese flora and vegetation, biodiversity, conservation, ecology, habitats, among others.
- Spread the knowledge of botany, flora and vegetation.