The III Birdwatching Festival of Sagres will be held from September 30 to October 7 of 2012.
The Third Sagres Festival of Birdwatching will be held from 30th September to 7th October 2012. Until 4th October, activities are aimed at specific audiences, with participation only by invitation of the organisation, but in some cases with the possibility of involvement by other interested parties.
From 5th to 7th October activities are aimed towards the general public - see details below:
Registration for Activities
- To participate in the activities that will be held from 5th to 7th October please see the details available in the "Programme" menu for what is on offer.
- Each activity has a form with detailed description;
- There are activities with a maximum number of participants and others without limitation
- Most activities require prior registration, after choosing the activities that interest you, please complete and submit the registration form available in the "Programme" menu.
Registration during the festival
- You will be able to participate in the festival even if you haven't registered in advance for any of the activities. However, it is very likely that some of the activities that have a maximum limit on the number of participants will already be full, so we would always advise you to register first.
- During the festival we will have some activities for which registration will only be open on festival days. This is to give a chance to those who have not registered beforehand, to participate in some of them. The places in these activities will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- On the first day you participate in the festival you should pick up your event bracelet.
- The festival bracelet is free
- This bracelet will enable the participant to access the special prices that accommodation, restaurants and other tourism related companies will offer during the festival. It also gives free entrance in Fortaleza de Sagres
- To obtain your bracelet you should visit the event office (which will be situated in the old Primary School of Sagres - in the town centre, opposite the tourism office.
Nationality of participants
Participation in the festival is open to everyone.
Each activity will be described in the language in which it is held, which may be Portuguese, English, or in both languages simultaneously.
- It will be possible for a professional guide with a group of tourists to plan a visit to Sagres during the festival.
- This group may participate in some activities of the programme such as the ones that have an unlimited number of participants, and also in a social dinner (see item "Registration for Activities");
- If you want your group to participate in other activities (e.g. field trips, pelagic trips, night trips) we will have to organise a specific programme for you, which will need to involve local businesses and will be charged for by them.
- Therefore, if you are interested in those activities for your group please contact our VIP Manager (see contacts below).
Personal accident insurance
Conditions of the insurance
A VIP Manager will be available to professionals in the field of tourism and to individual visitors seeking information about the municipality of Vila do Bispo. This service is available throughout the year.
- information on accommodation and restaurants
- information about tourism-related companies
- preparation of a programme to visit to the region
- development of a programme of activities during the festival (with the involvement of local businesses)
- Information on accommodation and restaurants
- Suggested places with touristic interest
- Information about tourism-related companies
Ana Fernandes (Tourism Dep. of Vila do Bispo Municipality)
Mobile: +351 910 547 861
There is a list of accommodation partners of this event which will offer special rates to participants.For enquiries, simply go to the "Partners" section of this website and make an appointment directly with them.
You can enjoy discounts at various restaurants in the village of Sagres. Access the list of those in the "Partners" menu.
Ethical Code for birdwatchers